It doesn’t matter if you’re a news anchor, a weatherman, field reporter, or the host of a talk show. People watch people. Viewers respond to personalities – no matter what platform they find them on. My proven techniques get viewers responding to you. I work with talent all over the world in all kinds of “live” or pre-taped hosting, presentation and news formats. If you’d like, I’ll coach you and your co-anchor together – or the entire on-air team on your show!
I think of myself as your personality producer – a coach who provides you with my tried-and-true tricks of the trade based on many years of successes and failures on the air. I provide insight, experience and expert analysis. I will push you forward one step at a time. As I push, I refine and I inspire and I develop. Every on-air person is different. I exploit those differences to produce you into your own, unique, authentic personality. I won’t force you to be someone you’re not! I’ve heard thousands of times,
“Hey, it’s my face out there!”
And yes it is! I get it. I’m not going to turn you into a clown or tamper with your credibility. What I am going to do is challenge you to take some risks – to slowly move beyond your current comfort zone. Once you’re there, you’ll begin to find the teleprompter nothing more than a nuisance.
HERE ARE MY STARTING POINTS:
- I push you out of you comfort zones ever so slowly.
- I remind you over and over, “I have your back.” If something doesn’t work, tomorrow’s another show.
- I give you permission to experiment without fear of failure. Some things work. Some things don’t. The more things don’t go as planned on-the-air early on, the less afraid and more skilled you become at handling “in the moment” situations.
- I teach you how to interact with your co-hosts on camera. It’s not as easy as it looks.
- I allow you to laugh without fear you’ll lose your credibility. Laughter is emotion. Viewers are drawn to emotion on TV. They want to be “in on the joke”.
In addition, I’ll work with you on these twelve areas you must master as you evolve into a personality:
- Flirting with the camera
- Being “in the moment”
- Going off prompter
- Taking Risks and Seeing Rewards
- Mixing It Up With Real People
- Telling Compelling Stories
- Telling Compelling Personal Stories
- Going There
- Allowing Moments to Play Out
- Mastering Multi-Talent Interviews
- Give & Take
- Genuinely Liking Your Co-Hosts
HERE’S HOW I OPERATE:
30-MINUTE STRATEGY SESSION
We start with a half-hour strategy session. I will have watched a link you send me of your most recent work (a show from the past week). That will give me an idea of what we need to work on – along with what it is you want to achieve from our sessions. We’ll decide if we can work together as a team and then decide if we move forward.
If all systems are go:
FIVE WEEKLY ONE-HOUR SESSIONS
We will meet via Zoom once a week for five weeks. Zoom allows us to share videos as we’re talking. In those one-hour sessions, I will review your most current work (which I will have watched prior to the session). I will listen to what it is you want to achieve and I will guide you forward. I will also give you homework and to-do lists – small steps to attempt on-air in the next week, and then we’ll review the results in the next session.
As a top-level performance coach, my fees aren’t cheap – there are only so many hours in a day. I am a solid investment in “you” and your future as an on-air talent who brings in eyeballs. If I don’t think I can help you, I’ll tell you outright before any money changes hands. I’m also a tax write-off – check with your CPA. Your inquiries and any work I do with you are confidential. I will not use your name or on-air clips in any fashion on my website without your permission. I welcome your NDA.
Send me a note. Tell me your vision. Tell me what my expertise is worth to you. Then leave the rest to me!